spring/summer 2020 street (sort of) style: trends you will wanna wear at home
Going on 2 months at home, I am getting a bit bored of wearing the same pair of leggings and sweatshirt - although crazy comfortable - I need a bit more excitement in my life rn!
Here are some Spring 2020 trends that are just as comfortable as your sweatsuit...
1. Bermuda shorts or loose fitting shorts that fall to your knees. Patch pockets, coolats, or picnic shorts. Check out our recycled denim straight fit shorts here. Not a fan of the Bermuda Shorts? Apparently the extremes are in style this spring - throw on a pair of short shorts + with that comfy sweatshirt you have been wearing everyday.
2. Baby doll dresses. Puff sleeves, ruffles, above knee or maxi length, polka dots or floral. Yep, the basic baby doll dress, but these are showing up a bit more dramatic this Spring. A bit puffier sleeve, a bit brighter print. Our favorite? Our Rita Wrap Dress - in either polka-dot or hawaiin print.
3. Tie dye. Maybe a new trend because someone stuck at home bored, started dying their own clothes as a project. Suggestion for your weekend? Try tie-dying a pair of white socks. They are actually surprisingly cute with a pair of chunky heels or sneakers.
4. One of my favorite trends this season...wide legged crop pants paired with a long (if you wanna be really on trend, sheer) prairie dress. I know it sounds weird, but kind of has the vibe of a duster. (Christy Dawn has some beautiful ethically made prairie dresses).
5. Quarantine might be a chance to go clean out your closet and replace your skinny jeans (or at least half of them :)) with some wider legged or boyfriend cropped length denim - an easy way to give your wardrobe a little update. Go check out ThreadUp or Poshmark if you want a budget pair to show up at your door.
6. Monochrome is in style rn, but always one of my favorite ways to mix garments. Want a color to start with? Try mixing shades of pink and orange (some hot colors this spring/summer).
7. Finally: the cardigan set. Those wide legged new jeans with a matching (or monochrome) cardigan and tank. You might find this to be as comfy as your sweatsuit - maybe.